World Oil Award 2017 winners honored at Houston gala
2 months ago DieselGasoil Comments Off on World Oil Award 2017 winners honored at Houston gala
HOUSTON — More than 300 of the upstream oil and gas industry’s brightest minds gathered Thursday to find out, and celebrate, the winners of the 2017 World Oil Awards. The awards ceremony, now in its 16th year, seeks to recognize and honor the upstream industry’s top innovations and innovators.
Honorees took home awards in 18 categories—encompassing the full breadth of the upstream industry—from the gala event in Houston, Texas. Today’s innovations, many of which would have seemed far-fetched a generation ago, are enabling operators to find and produce hydrocarbons more safely, economically and efficiently.
This year, 240 nominations were submitted from more than 22 countries around the world. Ninety-eight finalists were selected, and the following award winners were hand-picked by the World Oil Awards advisory board as this year’s most groundbreaking industry developments.
A complete list of the categories and winners appears below:
- Best Completion Technology Award – MZ-Xpress Single-Trip Multizone Frac- and Gravel-Pack System, Schlumberger
- Best Data Management & Application Solution Award – proNova, TDE Petroleum Data Solutions
- Best Deepwater Technology Award – Managed Pressure Drilling Integrated Solution, Schlumberger
- Best Drilling and Completion Fluids Award – (TIE) Halliburton Baroid BaraECD® High-Performance Invert Emulsion Fluid System, Halliburton; PrimoPAC: The Stable, Reusable Solution for Optimal Openhole Gravel Pack Integrity, M-I SWACO, a Schlumberger Company
- Best Drilling Technology Award – SpectraSphere Fluid Mapping-While-Drilling Service, Schlumberger
- Best EOR Technology Award – Ultra-Low Surfactant Retention (LSR) Flooding in Carbonate Reservoirs, Ultimate EOR Services
- Best Exploration Technology Award – RokDoc Ji-Fi, Ikon Science
- Best Health, Safety, Environment/Sustainable Development – Offshore Award – ATC VAC Automatic Tank Cleaning with Vacuum Truck, M-I SWACO, a Schlumberger Company
- Best Health, Safety, Environment/Sustainable Development – Onshore Award – Sand X and Super Loop, Sand X
- Best Outreach Program – STEPS, Halliburton
- Best Production Chemicals Award – Chemical Solutions for Near-Wellbore Damage, Baker Hughes, a GE company
- Best Production Technology Award – Raptor™ 2.0 Cased Hole Evaluation System, Weatherford International
- Best Visualization & Collaboration Award – OptiWell Well Construction Performance Service, Schlumberger
- Best Well Integrity Technology Award – Endura® Dual-String Section Mill, Weatherford International
- Best Well Intervention Technology Award – Blue Ocean Riserless Intervention System (BORIS), Oceaneering International, Inc.
- Innovative Thinker Award – Dan Scott – Baker Hughes, a GE company
- Lifetime Achievement Award – Rustom Mody
- New Horizons Idea Award – E-ROV Concept – Oceaneering International, Inc.
As part of World Oil’s commitment to the long-term health of the industry, each year the World Oil Awards endow a leading university, which provides education for careers in the petroleum industry, with much-needed funding to equip the next generation of innovators.
Since the inception of the World Oil Awards, donations have been distributed to 33 universities and organizations as varying as the University of Houston and the University of Ibadan in Nigeria. This year’s beneficiary is Oilfield Helping Hands, a nonprofit charitable organization that helps oilfield families with financial assistance in times of crisis.
The 2017 World Oil Awards were generously sponsored by: AFGlobal; Baker Hughes, a GE company; Clariant; Halliburton; and Eddie V’s Prime Seafood.
World Oil, the leading oil and gas trade journal for the exploration, drilling and production sector, has a worldwide circulation of more than 40,000 subscribers. Gulf Publishing Company has published World Oil for 101 years. Additional information on the World Oil Awards program can be found at www.WorldOil.com/Awards.