Below is the main Privacy Statement for DieselGasoil.com. There will be additional Privacy Statements that may apply to other services connected with this site. Please read these at the time you register or subscribe for these services.
At DieselGasoil we collect different types of information about our visitors and consumers for four main reasons:
- To provide personalised services unique to individual visitors and consumers.
- To help us to monitor and improve the services we offer to you.
- To sell advertising space on DieselGasoil websites.
- Only with the consent of each consumer, to market our services to individual consumers.
- DieselGasoil does our utmost to protect your privacy through the appropriate use of security technology. This means:
- We ensure that we have appropriate physical and technological security measures in place to protect your information.
- We ensure that when we use other services providers for any processes, these service providers also have appropriate security measures in place to protect your information.
- DieselGasoil respects your privacy. You should only receive marketing emails from DieselGasoil and/or from DieselGasoil preferred third parties which you have agreed to. It will be made clear to you where you have these choices. For example, by providing check boxes for you to decide whether you wish to receive these offers in marketing. DieselGasoil may, however, email you occasionally with information or questions about your account.
- DieselGasoil will only collect and use your information where we have legitimate business reasons, and we are legally entitled to do so.
- DieselGasoil will be transparent about the information we will collect on you and how we will use your information.
- DieselGasoil will only use your information for the purpose(s) for which they were originally collected and we will ensure any old information is securely disposed of.
- DieselGasoil is accessible via the internet. This means that any collected information can be accessed from anywhere in the world.
- If DieselGasoil or our service providers transfer your information outside of your country, or outside the European Economic Area (EEA), all protection required under the law shall remain in place.How Reuters May Use Your Information
Personal Information You Share With Us
“Personal Identifiable Information” is the information that identifies you as an individual, such as name, postal address, telephone number, email address, and/or credit card number.
DieselGasoil collects Personal Information (PII) ONLY when you submit it to us, including when you register or subscribe for certain DieselGasoil products and services, complete a survey, or participate in a forum.
The Personal Identifiable Information (PII) that DieselGasoil collects is First Name, Last Name, Email Address, Screen Name, Street Address, Zip/Postal Code/Location, and Country. The only mandatory field above is email address when creating a DieselGasoil account.
We also ask optional profile questions that include, Investing Background, Risk Profile, Job Title, Job Function/Occupation, Industry, and no. of Staff/Company Size. None of which are required.
The minimum information we need to register a consumer is an email address and a password. We will ask further questions for different services, including sales promotions. Unless stated, all registration questions are compulsory.
We may also ask some further, voluntary questions during registration for certain services so we can gain a clearer understanding of our visitors and consumers. This also enables us to personalize services for our visitors and consumers.
Information we Automatically Collect
DieselGasoil automatically collects Non-Personally Identifiable Information (Non-PII) on all visitors and consumers interacting with our online services, including your IP address, browser type, operating geography, and pages visited.
If you access our Online Services from a mobile or other device, we may collect a unique device identifier assigned to that device (“UDID”).
This information is used to personalize your experience across all DieselGasoil platforms. It also allows us to display relevant content, services and advertising to the appropriate audience.
Updating Your Personal Information
For DieselGasoil Registered Consumers
DieselGasoil offers a My Profile page where you can update your personal information at any time, including resetting your password, email subscriptions, and managing your payment information. When you are logged in, you can get to this page from most pages on the site – simply click on My Account at the top of the screen.
For All DieselGasoil Consumers (registered and non-registered)
DieselGasoil offers a way to update your marketing profile information. Simply click on the AdChoices Icon (us the actual Icon here) at the bottom of most pages. A window will popup and allow you to update your marketing preferences or opt-out of targeted advertising. If you opt-out you will continue to see advertising but it will not be tailored to your interests.
Who DieselGasoil May Share Your Information With
DieselGasoil will not share your personal information with others for marketing purposes unless you have given your permission. With your permission, we will only share your information with carefully chosen third parties.
DieselGasoil may offer via the site third party services, such as video recommendations, article recommendations, social login, social sharing, social commenting, live news feeds, and surveys. Any information which is collected by DieselGasoil when you access a third party service is processed under this Privacy Statement. Information collected by third party operators themselves will be governed by their own privacy statement.
DieselGasoil may use service providers to help us run this site or services available on the site, some of whom may be based outside your country or the European Economic Area. Any third parties who access your data in the course of providing services on our behalf are subject to strict contractual restrictions to ensure that your data is protected, and in compliance with Data Privacy laws. DieselGasoil may also independently audit these service providers to ensure they meet our standards.
- DieselGasoil use anonymous cookies for statistical purposes to track how many unique consumers we have and how often they visit the DieselGasoil sites. DieselGasoil collect data about which of our pages are most frequently visited and by which types of visitors and consumers from which countries.
- Reuters use registration cookies to track if registered consumers are logged in. This allows you to access services that require registration such as purchasing analyses or commenting on articles. You must enable DieselGasoil to place cookies on your computer to register and use services requiring registration.
- Placing cookies on your computer means DieselGasoil may serve you advertisements possibly more interesting to you, and allows us to control the number of times you see advertisements and measure effectiveness of ad campaigns. Further information is available below in the Online Behavioural Advertising section, including how you can opt out of online behavioural advertising.
Please note that DieselGasoil reserve the right to access and disclose personal data to comply with applicable laws and lawful government requests, to operate our systems properly and to protect both ourselves and our visitors and consumers.